Another year has passed by. While looking back, I am glad that I could deliver lot of lectures and do training for several corporate, small businesses, nonprofit institutions, social organizations, service clubs, schools & colleges.
When I reflect these experiences, one of the things that strike me is the amount of confusion that surrounds the act of caring about others. While most people quickly admit that caring about others is a good thing to do, they fail to appreciate two very important aspects of caring: how huge the return is that comes back to us from caring and how quickly our personal and professional lives can change for the better once we start.
I believe our success depends on the support of other people. The only hurdle between us and what we want to be is the support of others. A person is not pulled up to a higher level job. Rather he or she is lifted up. We are lifted to higher levels by those who know us as likeable, personable individuals.
If caring can energize us and our work place, let me share with you some simple steps that will show us how to maximize the return that comes back to us from caring.
1) Master your Emotions: Even the best leaders have personal problems at one time or another. In those situations, the most effective leaders reach down inside themselves to find the strength to keep their emotions in check, especially at work.
2) Listen to your Inner Voice: When you share your dreams and goals with those close to you- a change of career, starting a new business, going back to school- you're very likely to hear a negative response. Don't let others rain on your parade- instead, go for it!
3) Engage with Attitude: Have you ever heard the phrase, “Attitude is everything”? Take it to heart, for there’s no such thing as an effective leader with a bad attitude. The best way to engage people is with your attitude, enthusiasm, and excitement.
4) The Power of Positive Action: Don't be nice to people just because you want something from them. Be positive just to be positive, and watch how your life changes for better.
5) Sincere Appreciation gets Results: One of the deepest needs of our human existence is the need to be appreciated. Each and every one of us absolutely loves to be appreciated for who we are and what we do.
6) Get others to go Extra Mile : To really energize those around you, you need to not only take a sincere interest in them and what they do, but also blow them away by doing something incredible and unexpected
7) Excitement is Contagious : So is passion. If you're fired up about what you do, chances are that those around you will be, too!
8) Engage People by Involving Everyone: The key is making sure that everyone has a voice in making suggestions on how things can be improved.
9) Leave a Trail of Gratitude: When people really hit one out of the part for you, or even if they do something simple but well –meaning, find a sincere way to express your appreciation.
10) Give Credit to Others: The best leaders are confident enough to give credit to others when things go right-and to take the blame when things go wrong.
11) Turn Enemies into Allies: The workplace is too small a place for you to have enemies. They can only sidetrack you from important things. If someone seems to have an axe to grind, find a way to engage that individual informally to find out the problem.
12) Celebrate your Success: When you achieve something that is important to you, make sure you don't let the moment pass without celebrating. It recharges your batteries!
Caring energizes everyone around us. When we open up and really care about people, we make them feel really good about themselves. This releases the reservoir of positive energy that resides in all of us. Let me assure you, if we can put the above universal principles into practice, our success at work will immediately begin to skyrocket and our personal life will thrive as never before.
Ready to energize every one? Let me warn you, it may cause extreme enthusiasm and lead to real result in the workplace!!!
Ref : "Revved" by Harry Paul & Ross Reck
Leave is granted to employees with the good intention of providing rest, recuperation of health and for fulfilling social obligations. This provides for a healthy and efficient staff for the company. Please read different types of leaves given under attached document. ...
The Maternity Benefit Act, aims to regulate of employment of women employees in certain establishments for certain periods before and after child birth and provides for maternity and certain other benefits. The Act extends to the whole of India and is applicable to: Every...
Dear Friends, please find here Guidelines for Quasi-judicial proceedings under Section 7A of the Employees’ Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1952 – Regarding . Regards Vikas Sjharma ...
TYPES OF FRINGE BENEFITS Organizations provide a variety of fringe benefits. The fringe benefits are classified under four heads as given here under: 1.For Employment Security : Benefits under this head include unemployment, insurance, technological adjustment pay, leave travel pay, ov...
Employee Recognition - Why is it important [Story] William came back from vacation. He walked into the office and was told that there was an envelope and a silver colored cardboard box on the safe for him. He opened the envelope. It was a form letter congratulating him on thirty years of se...
Hi friends, please find here enclosed labour law Zip file, this will help you to understand the Indian laws and regulation procedures. Indian Labour Laws – you can find all Acts and Statuary formats / Implementation Procedure on various Labour Laws - 60+ FILES & FORMATSThe Minimum Wages Act, 194...
Statutory compliance refers to the legal framework within which organizations must operate, in the treatment of their employees....