Human Resource professionals has many roles in an organization including the formulation of strategies that focus on recruitment and retaining the employees within the organization as well as overseeing the projects that promote company’s productivity.
The function of HR Manager is not only limited to the recruitment and selection process but it is widely extended to providing timely training and development programs, payroll management, policy making, etc.
Any organization has their own goals and objectives that has to be fulfilled to reach to the high position. Those objectives will be fulfilled if the people working there will be capable of doing all the tasks and jobs properly. It can be done by providing them proper training and development and by motivating them where ever required.
Human Resource Management is the effective use of people to achieve both the organization and individual goals. It is actually the effective recruitment, selection, development, compensation, and utilization of human resource by the organization. When there is a proper utilization of human resource or, say, the employees, then this process of management is known as the Human Resource Management.
Human Resource Planning and Development is a framework for helping employees to plan and develop their personal and organizational skills, knowledge and abilities. Human Resource Development includes such opportunities as employee training , employee career progression, coaching, succession planning and organizational development.
The functions that a HR Manager does to attain the goals of a company :
1. STAFFING NEEDS : Staffing is the process of collecting a number of applicants that are suitable for the given job according to the required skills for that job. This process involves the filling of the vacant positions of the right personnel at the right job, at the right time.
It is very important to hire the right person at a right place at a right time. It can reduce the extra cost that can incur in time to time hiring of people. So it is always preferred to recruit the best one at the right place. For any organisation, it is always important to retain their employee and it can only be done if the employees those are recruited are according to the skills, knowledge required for that job.
2. CORPORATE CULTURE : The corporate or company culture impacts how employees view their jobs or potential employees view job openings. A company having a great corporate culture tends to make their employees happy to work as well as retain them. The HR team works to build balance and drive a corporations culture with a focus groups, surveys and such in order to give each worker a voice. They are responsible to sort out the issues that can make a bad corporate culture like rising in the conflicts among employees, etc.
3. EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT : On- boarding new employees and providing resources for continued development is a key investment for organizations and the HR is charged with maintaining a developmental approach to existing human resource.
Employee development is a necessary part in any organization because the individuals development will surely help in increasing their skills and knowledge.
Development activities includes:
4. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT : Today, HRIS (human resource information system) helps to maintain all the records that make it easy for HR manager to view everything easy and make decisions for employees easily.
5. MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES TO PERFORM BETTER : HR manager always needs to check whether the employees are happy with their jobs or not, whether they are performing well or not by evaluating their performance time to time. If he finds the employee not performing well due to any reason like conflicts, no recognition, Incentives, etc. then it becomes the duty of HR manager to motivate the employee to perform better by recognising his work, appreciating them, giving incentives, rewards, etc.
6. PROVIDING TRAINING TO EMPLOYEES : Training can automatically increase the efficiency of the employee to perform their job. It makes them to enhance their skills, knowledge, find their ways towards their career progression. Training can either be given for a particular job or task or project or it can be for the betterment of an individual as well as the organization.
7. DEMAND PLANNING OR DEMAND FORECAST : It is the heart of HR planning process. Its purpose is to ascertain the net requirement for staff by determining the demand and supply of the human resources now and in future.
Due to all these HR functions, an organizational goals are always fulfilled. Since these functions are carried properly in the organization by the HR team then it surely will enhance the company’s productivity and help the organization to achieve its goals and objectives