Failure is a huge part of success. It teaches you things that are impossible to learn from books; it gives you experience. You learn the difference between wrong and right when you fail in life. But overcoming and accepting failure is often difficult. Sometimes you feel completely shattered when failure repeatedly hits you. But, if you learn to accept failure, you can easily overcome it. Life is not easy, but you cannot stop living it. You need to prove to the world how amazing you are and for that, you need to get up after every failure. The day you succeed in your mission, you will realize that all those failures were necessary.
Ways to overcome failure:
1. Accept it: Not everyone can accept defeat and move on with their life. It needs the courage to see everything crumbling down and then taking the defeat upon yourself. You will feel even more motivated if you accept what happened to you. Blaming others for your failure will do no good and will put you in a much worse condition. You need to make peace with the fact that everything you do will not be appreciated.
2. Do not blame yourself: There is a huge difference between accepting the failure and blaming yourself for the failure. Accepting means that you are okay with what happened to you and are ready to move on. On the other hand, blaming means that you feel unworthy of yourself and feel that you are not good at any kind of work. Blaming demotivates you and you will lag behind in work because of that. It is not your fault that people did not like your work. You just keep on improving until people realize the value of your work.
3. Talk it out: Many people feel depressed or stressed after they have failed in their work. This happens because they pent up their emotions instead of letting them out. The best way to deal with failure is to express how you feel about it. Cry and be angry, do not keep anything inside. Once you feel you have expressed enough, start new. This will help you in forgetting the bad days and concentrate on the good days. It is a theory studied by many psychologists. So if you feel low, talk to somebody and you will feel light.
4. Do not term yourself as a failure: Failing is better than sitting idle and doing nothing at all. If you start something, you are bound to face setbacks. If you fight back and get up after every defeat, then you are not a failure, you are a fighter. One bad move should not ruin your entire game. Think wisely and get back in the game with double power. Failure is something that people have termed as bad, it is actually the most normal thing that happens. Do not let anyone decide that you are a failure. If you believe you will succeed, then there is no point in believing what others say.
5. Learn: The purpose of failing is to learn. If you don’t fail in your work, you will not be able to gain any knowledge. Make sure that you gain some kind of experience when you fail. Every situation teaches you something about life. You just have to be a little alert. Failure is one way of life to teach you better things about work. It will help you improve your work and also keep you motivated. Never forget what failure taught you, these lessons are not in any book.
Failure is a part of life, do not turn it into your whole life. If you want to live a good life, you have to experience everything. You cannot just have good days, you are bound to have bad days. So, get up and face the world again!