Accounts officers are those who have a knack for numbers, and knowledge in bookkeeping in a business organization. They organize the financial information to facilitate easy retrieving of information possible.
Accounts Officer’s Job Description:
Our company needs a qualified and talented accounts officer to join our company at short notice. The accounts officer has to shoulder the responsibilities of recording day to day transactions, check any fallacy in recording invoices to the books of accounts. He has to have a grip on the numerical information stored in the books of accounts and manage queries effectively.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Convert the information in the invoices into numbers in the books of accounts.
- Record in the books of accounts every expense made by the company.
- To oversee all the employees working under him.
- Compare general ledger to check discrepancies in the figure before preparing financial statements.
- To answer all questions related to the books of accounts accurately.
- The ability to communicate with the people working under him, and answer questions regarding books of accounts, and the financial condition of a company.
- Expert-level skill to convince people by working within the deadline would help you greatly to get this job.
- Have a knack to adapt to the working climate and complete the work within the fixed time frame.
- Prepare Payroll of employees accurately.
- Preparing budgets and financial reports and submit them to the higher officials.
Accounts Officer’s Key Skills Required:
- Account Reconciliation
- Business Strategy
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Quality
- Team Management
- Strategic Planning
- Creative and Logical Thinking
Education, Training, and Certifications:
A bachelor's degree would be sufficient to get a job as an accounts officer. If you want to distinguish yourself amidst competition, extra qualification would help you to become a pacesetter.
- Education: Minimum qualification required is a bachelor's degree in accounting. To gain a one-upmanship, an extra postgraduate degree in accounting, taxation would be highly appreciated.
- Certification: To sharpen your skills and to place oneself ahead of others there are many certifications for accounting. Each job requires a different certification befitting the roles the candidates are expected to play. CPA is one such certification that has a gold standard. A person possessing this certificate can conduct an audit of any company and give an opinion on the financial soundness of publicly traded companies.