Interview Question: Why should we hire you?

Added: One month ago
  • Answer
Share & Follow this Post

Add Your Answer
1 Answer

Kajal Thakur
Kajal Thakur 22 days ago

This question tests how persuasive you are. Interviewers want to see if you can make a calm, confident case for yourself, even if they’re acting skeptical. They’re looking for factual and compelling answers.

Answer-1

Having worked in strategy and sales roles across different geographies, I believe I am uniquely positioned to add a lot of value to this general managerial position.

What separates me from most is my ability to take a holistic view of the business, set the vision, and translate that into a set of strong strategic solutions. Given my experience across different functions, I also have the ability to connect and influence cross-functional partners to drive business results, which I believe will be critical in this position.

My background studying engineering and business taught me to balance logic and data with the human side of things, which will be a competitive advantage in this ambiguous and dynamic industry.

I’m motivated and excited to learn your company’s unique business model, and from my interactions with the employees here, I can see that we share values like respect, trust, and excellence.

Overall, I believe I bring the right mix of skills, experiences, and attitude for the job, and think that my varied experience can add a lot of value here.

Answer-2

My resume demonstrates that I’ve been successful with the key responsibilities of this role: managing teams, developing strategic sales plans, and delivering quarterly targets.

I’ve been managing teams for the last 10 years and to this day, many of my former direct reports still call and ask for career or personal advice.

I’ve also led the development of strategic plans with the customer for years. I first listen and understand their priorities and objectives, then develop a win-win solution for both parties.

Last year my team received 2 awards. The first was from our internal organization for collaboration and partnership in developing our 3-year plans. The second was the Vendor of The Year Award from the customer for putting together plans that exceeded their growth targets.

I’ve been in sales for the last 15 years and I know how important it is to hit targets — it’s the lifeblood of what we do. That’s why I work hard to support and guide my team, as well as work with internal partners to anticipate and remove roadblocks.

I believe I would be a great fit for this role as I already have relevant experience and be successful in my previous roles.

Votes

A Platform committed to make a difference
in the world we share