What do you like to do outside of work?

Added: One month ago
  • Answer
Share & Follow this Post

Add Your Answer
1 Answer

Kajal Thakur
Kajal Thakur 22 days ago

We can check that "Interviewers want to know you’re going to be enjoyable to have around and not just that you have the hard skills for the job. Use this question to set yourself up as interesting, fun, curious, or a go-getter". You can check these my answers.

Answer-1

A lot of my spare time lately has been dedicated to teaching myself how to shoot and edit instructional videos.

I've been a garage-sale shopper for several years, and I sell my finds on eBay to pay down my student loan debt. So far I've raised $11,000. People who find out that I do this often have a lot of questions about how to get started, how to find the best stuff, and how to market items on eBay.

So I've decided to put a few tutorials up on YouTube. That way people can learn through the videos—and I gain a new creative skill.

Answer-2

I really love backpacking in different countries, especially with different cultures than the one I grew up in. I find that it allows me to disconnect and recharge from everyday life while growing and learning something new. To date, I’ve backpacked either alone or with friends in over 20 countries, across Asia, South and Central America.

For our honeymoon, my wife and I traveled to northern India for 6 weeks. It’s a very diverse region, home to Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhists, and we really enjoyed spending time in a few different states.

We did a diverse set of activities like hiking the Himalayas and Ladakh, finding cool hot springs, and Vipassana meditation. Vipassan is 10 days of silent meditation. I’ve really connected with the technique and have found it to be a powerful way to focus my attention and reset myself.

Answer-3

Outside of work, I enjoy fitness training, perfecting my golf swing, writing and recording music, and taking care of my dogs.

This year I will be releasing my 4th album, which is all-instrumental, featuring classical guitar. I play every instrument and record tracks at my home office. Currently, two are streaming on iTunes and Amazon Music. I’m working towards a completion goal of late July.

I find that music is a wonderful creative outlet and stress-reliever, as well as a perfect balance for my demanding career. It allows me to set personal goals and achieve them, which is also true of physical fitness. I’ve found that keeping my mind and body sharp improves every single facet of my life.

Votes

A Platform committed to make a difference
in the world we share