What is your greatest weakness?

Added: One month ago
  • Answer
Share & Follow this Post

Add Your Answer
1 Answer

Ajay Thakur
Ajay Thakur One month ago

The interviewer is assessing whether your weaknesses will get in the way of doing the job. Employers are looking for humility and whether you’re committed to learning and growing. This is a place you can showcase what you’re doing to improve. Check the below-mentioned answers.

Sample-1

"In my current role as a product manager, I’m responsible for specific feature building. So, I work with a lot of cross-functional teams like engineers and designers.

I think one thing that I can always improve on is patience, taking time to really see and understand other people’s perspectives — especially considering we are always rushing to meet tight deadlines. I always want things to move quickly and precisely, which I’ve realized can make my partners a bit anxious.

To help with this, I’m working to help build trust. I’ve been scheduling more frequent check-ins with the teams to make sure that everyone is comfortable with the project timeline. And I’ve made myself more open so that they can share any missed opportunities that they see as we go. This gives us a chance to get out ahead of things and make sure we’re all totally aligned even as we work fast."

Sample-2

"I have worked on my inclination to hold back on giving tough feedback.

A few roles ago, I’d just been promoted to management and joined a project that my boss was leading. The work was about 30% baked when I joined, and I knew right away that it wasn’t strong. I spoke up, but not strongly enough. The agency was pushing their work hard, and I decided not to rock the boat.

Unfortunately, as the project progressed, I noticed more and more issues. And as I feared, the campaign bombed.

Even though I hadn’t kicked off the project, I was a part of the team, and I owned a big piece of the failure for not sticking to my guns. I learned on that day that even if people don’t agree with you — even if the boss doesn’t agree with you — you owe it to the team and company to vocalize concerns. I’ve taken that lesson a step further by creating the kind of space on my teams for people to dissent, to push back, and to disagree. I firmly believe that successful teams are built on a foundation of respectful, honest communication"

Votes

A Platform committed to make a difference
in the world we share